The week after Christmas is a bittersweet one. Bummed about Christmas being over BUT so super psyched about the coming year. And although I LOVE Christmas and it is my favorite holiday, I love a new year. I love a fresh start, motivation to get stuff done and make it happen. However, I’m one of those..move-on-kind-of-people…maybe sometimes too fast. So, I thought it would be a good time to REALLY reflect on 2013 because I have soooo much to be thankful for…2013 was a great year…beyond anything I could have planned in my little planner.
in no particular order—-although I will start with the biggest one–the birth of my son, my third child 🙂
me at the hospital with him
1. Here he is now at Christmas:
2. My oldest son learned how to swim! with strokes!
3. After literally several months of creating and tweaking planners from 2012~ I released the 2013 Teacher Lesson Planners!
4. Because of the planners I was in the Top 10 on Teachers Pay Teachers
5. My son started PreK! This was him on the first day of school. My daughter looks so scared here. HA!!!
6. We took MONTHS organizing and creating a playroom for the kids:
7. Probably next to my son being born, at the top of the list is getting to know my daughter’s personality. My daughter grew SO much this year. And her little personality is really coming out. She is a spitfire~no doubt. She is constantly talking or singing AND she has a heart of gold. REALLY. She cares more about others than I thought possible for a 2-year old. She amazingly thinks about others all the time. Really quite strange.
8. Meeting some blogging friends in real life. Melanie, Denise, Kristen, and Reagan. I can’t believe the friendships I’ve made from this big internet world. Unfortunately, I don’t have any pictures to share. 🙁
9. Took an amazing course, Connecting the Gaps, that really helped me know exactly what I want and how I want to spend my days right now and WHY.
10. Stuck to the Dave Ramsey way and paid off many of our bills!!!! I can’t tell you how good that feels. It is so amazing how free I feel!
11. Got a KEURIG! A much needed gift with a newborn. I don’t have a picture of the keurig so you’ll have to see a lovely picture of my coffee cup. 🙂
12. Found out some medical stuff with my daughter. It is a long story and for the protection of my daughter, I’m not going into it here BUT she is fine and good and we can move forward. YAY!
13. Last but not least, one of the best memories is just going to the pool this past summer. As you know, I was pregnant and got increasingly tired with each day. Time with the kids was limited and I really didn’t want to go anywhere. BUT I did want to take them to the pool. It was a win-win situation. I loved splashing with them, swimming after them, and just plain watching them play. These ARE the days.
So, there you have it. My TOP 13 in ’13. Did you have a good 2013????? I’d love to hear in the comments. And don’t forget to join the PARTY.